As a Trustee in Bankruptcy, we are a debt advisor in addition to being qualified by the federal government to administer your consumer proposal or bankruptcy. Additionally, as your bankruptcy trustee, we will help you understand what all of your debt relief options are, analyze your financial situation, and advise you regarding the best course of action. We will also help you prepare and complete all necessary paperwork and ensure that the process is finished correctly.
As your bankruptcy trustee, we have several main duties, which include:
- Taking the time to meet with you, assess your debt, and help you understand what solutions are available to you.
- Helping you prepare and complete all of the required paperwork. At this time, we will also meet with you to make sure all of the information you provided is correct and answer any questions about the bankruptcy process you may have.
- Notifying your creditors and mailing them documentation, so they will stop contacting you about payments. We will also start the negotiation and settlement process with them.
- Reviewing your assets that are not exempt from seizure and selling them.
- Ensuring that you complete all of the required credit counseling sessions and also making sure that you finished all of your other necessary duties.
- Applying for your bankruptcy discharge to help you eliminate your debts.
Each of these responsibilities as your bankruptcy trustee is important. If you have made the decision to file for bankruptcy, let us help you with the process.